The passion for good food, Mediterranean wines, relaxation, books and well-made coffee, joined Inés Miró-Sans and Luis Rullán to conceive a special refuge, which would leave the canons of traditional hotels, and in which both would like to stay. His idea was born twelve years ago, but it didn't come true until 2016, when they chose a dazzling Neoclassical building of the Barcelona Eixample and was transformed into the Casa Bonay hotel.MERITXELL ARJELGUE. Details with history. The bourgeoisie was made with numerous buildings in the 19th century and Casa Bonay is a sample of them. The building preserves the modernist pavements of the Nolla mosaic factory and stucco walls. Salva Lopez Each piece of wooden furniture is unique. Marc Morro, from AOO, has carved with his hands benches, bed structures and sofas. Without a doubt, an added value for this hotel whose philosophy is to give voice to creators from all areas. MERITXELL ARJELGUE. In the heights. The terrace offers an excellent panoramic view of the city. His landscaping, designed by Alejandra Coll, of Asilvestrada, includes a small garden. The Chiringuito space hosts interesting afterwork moments throughout the year, with sun loungers and outdoor shower to enjoy the good weather. Salva Lopez The glass galleries of the rooms are the original 19th century. Natural light is a common element in all rooms, which have ceiling fans -as an alternative to air conditioning-, smart TV, free Wi-Fi, magazines, minibars with local products and yoga kit. MERITXELL ARJELGUE.
Of the The New York Studio Tack was commissioned and, although the reform fully respected the original construction of 1868, they only made one change: create a patio of lights to provide natural lighting to all rooms. If the beauty of the building surprises the guest, so does its decoration, which opted for iconic signatures of Barcelona, with the lamps of Santa & Cole, wooden furniture of the AOO firm and natural textiles of Teixidors that, if you seduce, you can buy in the same hotel.
But without any doubt, The greatest charm of Casa Bonay is to provide the guest with those small details that Inés and Luis always identified with happiness: the charming environment, a yoga kit in the room to facilitate meditation and relaxation, listen to live music in the bar, look out at the gallery and contemplate the hustle and bustle of Barcelona ... AND It is that philosophy, to offer the traveler what they would like to find, which makes many of their guests - creative, start-up entrepreneurs, artists ... - return to Casa Bonay on each city break.Place to be. Libertine is a tapas bar with spirit lounge. Relax with friends while you try Eric Stephenson's electrifying cocktails, peck at his short and tasty menu or dance to the rhythm of live sessions of his DJs. MERITXELL ARJELGUE.
Data of interest:
- It has 67 different rooms to accommodate both singles and families. If you love tanning in the city, ask for the Courtyard Large Terrace, with outdoor shower on the terrace. The price of the rooms is from € 144 to € 169, breakfast included.
- Among its services, its unique boutiques stand out, such as La Casa Bonay store, with exclusive hotel designs; Batabasta, which offers the fun Shirt Makers shirts; and Lino, a microlibrería with authentic second-hand jewels and titles chosen one by one.
- Barcelona is on the Mediterranean coast. Take advantage of it and do not miss the sea trips organized by Casa Bonay aboard the Narinan sailboat. You can also test your skills on skateboard or paddle surfboards.
- The hotel is located right in the center, and offers bicycles as an alternative and ecological way to get around the city. Book one to take a pleasant walk to the Borne or the Gothic Quarter.
- Cultural events are scheduled every week, so during your stay you will have the opportunity to attend the presentation of a book, visit an exhibition or listen to a concert.
Casa Bonay is located in the center of Barcelona, in Gran Vía de las Cortes Catalanas, 700. //casabonay.com